Robinson Ranch Tournament
I had the pleasure today to play golf for my work. The organization that I work for, ECCU, is a sponsor for various golf tournaments in the Evangelical Christian community every year. Most of these tournaments are for Christian schools or specific Church denominations with the sole purpose of fundraising.
Today's tournament was for the Master's College. As a sponsor, ECCU's name & logo was printed on a sign that was placed at one of the holes for all of the players (total of 288) to see as they would tee off. On top of that, ECCU was allotted 2 foursomes and each player in the foursome was given 4 mulligans. I invited 3 other pastors & ministry leaders to form one of the foursomes.
The tournament was played using a Texas Scramble format which makes it a lot more fun, especially if you have mediocre golf skills like me. On specific Par 3's, if you are the first to get a Hole-In-One, you win a brand new car; some of the other Par 3's were offering a $20,000 cash prize. However, I didn't hear about any Hole-In-Ones today.
There is a dinner banquet at the end of the tournament where they hold a raffle to give out golf related prizes. Also, during the banquet the top 3 teams receive trophies and prizes that were worth about $200-$500 per player! I thought we played fairly well; we were 6 under at the end of the day. Turns out that the top team scored a 20 under... this team had 16 Birdies & 2 Eagles! Actually, in a tournament like this, people always invite ringers to play with them. There were players there that were former NCAA College Golf Champions and also a whole bunch of single handicap club players. How can you compete with that?
Oh well... I had a ton of fun... received a bag of goodies... had a great lunch & dinner... and most of all I got paid to represent my employer by playing golf on a beautiful course.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home