Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Fallen Soldier...

A friend of ours lost his brother in the Iraqi War recently.
U.S. Army pilot Cornell Chao, 36, formerly of Fullerton, died Sunday when his Apache helicopter crashed in Najaf, Iraq.

Check out the article written by the O.C. Register on the life of Cornell.
I have never met Cornell, but I do know his brother Ray. Yet still I am quite saddened by the news of his death. I am convicted of my apathy regarding the war. It's so easy for me to go about my daily life and forget that this country is at war. We are so sheltered by the blanket of protection and freedom that is afforded to us by those who willingly place themselves in harm's way.

Reading about Cornell telling his mother not to worry about him because he is not afraid to die for his country... I now have a better understanding of what it means to be strong and courageous. Thank you Lord for Cornell and all the men and women in the armed forces that have made this same commitment. Place it upon our hearts to continue to pray for our soldiers and leaders for protection and wisdom. And most of all, help us to live with gratitude for Your daily mercy and abundant blessing in our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home