Chair Railing


Owning a new home has brought out the 'Bob Villa' in me. There is no end to the upgrades that you can add to your home. I really enjoy strolling through the local Home Depot or Lowes and picking up the tools and materials that I need for a new project.
Recently I finished adding chair railing all over the house. I decided to do chair railing purely for cosmetic reasons; it gives a nice break to a plain wall especially if you paint the area below the railing a different color. I considered adding wainscoting to the walls, but dropped the idea since it would require me to rip out all of my baseboards.
It took me almost a month to finish everything as I had limited amounts of time to work on it every weekend. The hardest part is having to work with the bull nose corners, but other than that it's not too difficult. I actually enjoy working on these kinds of projects though... Especially when it involves using cool power tools!
Tools needed:
- Miter Saw
- Nail Gun
- Sand paper
- Hammer
- Nail Punch
- Spackle
- Paint
- Level
- Tape Measure


2 Comments:
Wow, that looks great!
Chewing on the baseboards?!
Wow... that Matty really is a eating machine!
Post a Comment
<< Home