Wednesday, February 07, 2007

iPod = iAddicted

Last November we finally gave in to audio technology and purchased a iPod with the points that we earned from our Amazon.com credit card (yeah, it took a while to earn that many points). My friends gave me the most sarcastic "Welcome to the Modern World" greeting when I told them about it. I'm not really big on keeping up with the latest video, audio, computer gadgets (I don't have the patience to sit down and read operation manuals to figure them out).

But this little 30G gizmo has made me spend more time on the computer than I ever did before. It's opened the gate to music that I thought I would not ever hear again. That's right, I'm talking 80's music baby. The cool thing is that you can sample songs from any artist's albums and pick which one you want to purchase at $1 per song. So far I've built an impressive library of good grooves and I still have plenty of space on the iPod to add more.

I've also downloaded a bunch of podcasts from R.C. Sproul and Alistair Begg so I can listen to them during my 30 minute commute to work. I had to purchase a FM transmitter thingy to be able to listen to the iPod through the car speakers.

Next I'd like to purchase one of those iPod speakers to keep at home so we can listen to our downloaded music together.

I feel so cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home