Denver Restaurant Week
Approximately 150 different restaurants participate in Denver Restaurant Week... some are your well known chain restaurants (Maggiano's & P.F. Chang's) while others are local independent dives. A few weeks ago when we were at the Samba Room, the host recommended that we try Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House during the Denver Restaurant Week. Del Frisco's is like your Ruth Cris type steakhouse. I can appreciate a good steak... especially if you can get a 3 course meal for two people at $52.80.
So anyways... the food was tasty and the ambiance was nice at Del Frisco's. But the highlight of our night happened when we were waiting for the valet to bring us our car (Valet service is complimentary). Now being that this was a more fancy & pricey joint I wasn't surprised to see the red Ferrari and other high end luxury cars parked in the front for all the patrons to admire, but we came across a lady who made it a point to flaunt her high-class function to everyone within earshot.
This lady looked like she just came back from Rodeo Drive, CA. Well at least she fit the stereotype: blond, tanned, athletic build, expensive clothes, designer purse & accessories... you know, the whole nine yards. I drew a few other conclusions, but I won't mention them because that's just mean. Anyhow, this lady gives the valet her key ticket and he runs off to get her car; which ends up being a Mitsubishi Montero SUV. The valet gets out and holds the door open for her like he would for anyone else. As the lady is about to get in the car she looks at the valet and says to him (at a volume level so that everyone is certain to hear), "Oh, this is just my Winter car. Next time I'm here I'll bring my Lotus for you to drive in the parking lot."
No joke. I'm totally serious.
$52.80 got us a fancy salad, Filet Mignon, chocolate mousse, coffee and the best eye-roll from the valet that I have ever seen. Priceless.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home