Friday, March 09, 2007

Bert & Ernie...

One of the benefits of my new job here in CO is that I get a nice office that overlooks a decent golf course. I'm sure that once summer rolls around and the grass starts to come out of it's ugly yellow-dormant stage, I'll be frequently distracted by all the golfers passing by.

In the meantime I'm kept entertained by two interesting birds that have made their home right outside of my window. I have no idea what type of bird they are, but they look pretty cool. With blue, black, and white plumage these birds stand about 15+ inches in length from their beak to the tip of their tail. I have named them Bert & Ernie (though they are probably a male & female pair) because they are always jumping on my window sill making noise and funny gestures as if they are bickering with each other... reminds me of Bert & Ernie on Sesame Street.


If you can figure out what type of birds these are let me know so that I can be better informed the next time I play Trivial Pursuit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

Hey Andrew,

That's a black billed magpie. Very cool that they're so close!

6/16/2007 12:15 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Hey Thanks Martin!
I've been locked out of my blog for a while... tech difficulties (you know the drill). I have a ton of stuff to blog about. Stay tuned.

6/21/2007 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home