Thursday, November 10, 2005

Follow that bird...

I went home for lunch today only to find a strange looking bird scampering across my front yard. First I thought it was one of those road runner birds, but this one was much more colorful and about the size of a chicken.

My neighbor and her young son also saw the bird who then sought refuge underneath my front rose bushes. I didn't have my camera with me, but I knew exactly what type of bird it was... a Ring-Necked Pheasant.

I have no idea why it decided to roam around our neighborhood. First I thought it was someone's pet, but when we went for a closer look it ran out of the rose bush and immediately flew over my neighbor's three story house.
That was no pet... that was a wild bird.

Anyone up for some pheasant hunting?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home